Pesto Pasta With Chicken Meatballs
- 1 box Banza Rotini
- 1 lb ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 egg
- 1 - 2 small shallots
- ¼ - ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup pesto
- Herbs, to taste (we love this with parsley)
- Salt, pepper, & red pepper flakes, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F and set pasta water to boil.
- Finely chop shallots and parsley.
- In a large mixing bowl, add chicken, egg, cheese, parsley, and salt, pepper, and/or red pepper flakes and mix well.
- Shape into 1-1.5 inch balls and place onto a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Bake for 28-30 min at 400º F.
- While meatballs are in the oven, cook pasta according to package instructions. Once pasta is al dente, strain, rinse, and return back to the pot. Add pesto to Banza and stir to coat evenly.
- Take meatballs out of the oven. Let cool.
- Plate pesto pasta with meatballs on top. Garnish with parmesan and enjoy!