You can be chunky and funky!
- Fresh firm tomatoes- I used 6 smaller ones about golf ball size but go big, use heirloom and coloured ones.
- 3 white onions
- A small bunch of spring onions (scallions)
- A small bunch of coriander (cilantro)
- A firm but ripe mango
- Lime juice, fresh lime is good but the bottled kind works just as well.
- Salt to taste
- A red chilli de-seeded
- Chop the onions and tomatoes up into good size chunky or dice smaller if you want a more delicate salsa
- Finely dice the chilli
- Peel and dice the mango in chunks the same size as the onions and tomatoes
- Thinly slice the spring onions
- Fine chop the coriander
- Put it all in a bowl and mix up so it’s nice and even, I use a tupperware tub with a lid so I can shake it
- Pour over the lime juice, don’t saturate it but make sure it’s enough to coat all the salsa ingredients
- Add a pinch salt
- Shake it or stir it
- Now this is important LET IT SIT FOR AN Hour and pop in the fridge
- Give it a good shake/stir and taste it, add more lime, salt or chilli to taste
- Before serving give it a good shake/stir again.
- Eat it.
This goes very well with tacos, especially the fish tacos I’ll be posting. Its even nice with a tin of tuna mixed in as a jacket potato topping.