Bliss Heaven- the marriage of blueberries
and peachesto create Blueberry Peach Cobbler. Enjoy seasonal fruits at their summer's best. Each spoonful is berry bliss!
Cook's Notes: Use Bisquick mix for a cobbler shortcut.
- 2 cups blueberries
- 4 large peaches, skin off, diced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Saigon cinnamon or 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Grease a glass 8 x 8 glass pan
- In a large bowl mix sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and cornstarch. Add in fruits and coat with sugar mixture. Place filling in baking dish.
- 1 cup baking mix
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Saigon cinnamon or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
A scoop of ice cream is the piece de resistance.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all cobbler ingredients adding in a spoonful or more of buttermilk if batter seems too dry.
- Dollop the batter over the fruit.
- Bake 35 minutes or until fruit is thickened and bubbling and cobbler baked golden.